Friday, September 14, 2018

S1E2. You're so pretty: Tourist Trap (1979)


It's time for a new, full episode of Wake Up Heavy. This time I tackle David Schmoeller's classic freakfest Tourist Trap. Starring pre-The Beastmaster Tanya Roberts and post-The Rifleman Chuck Connors. Do mannequins creep you out? Then you're in for a bumpy ride with this one!

Pseudo-slasher? A wax museum? Telekinesis? Nominal aphasia? An episode in under an hour? What exactly is going on here? One thing I know for sure, there is no nude scene in this movie.

2 comments:

David said...

Much as I'm in the camp of firm believers that Halloween III deserves a much better rap than it tends to get, I'd strongly prefer to be able to point strangers to some aural love for Dead & Buried; a true favorite of mine.

Mark said...

Well, that's one vote for D&B! One of my all time favorites as well, obviously. Thanks, David.--MB